Book Bargains.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
i love the works, its cheaper than amazon and very close to the womens clothes shops in swansea so i can escape and have a good browse in there, and she normally cant say anything about me buying books in there when she is carrying her own carrier bags :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Not a book bargain, but a DVD one. I was looking through the local charity shops and as I was leaving one I noticed what I thought was a VHS video of James Clavell's 'Shogun' TV series. So I walked a way and had a think and went backand looked closer. It was the entire sries on DVD in a box set - UNOPENED - for £3.99. Even the guy in the shop got excited because he'd thought it was a VHS as well. :laugh:

I read the book years ago and enjoyed the series (esprcially the shodow of the helicopter during the opening credits :laugh: ).

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Went into Works today,sale on I found Martin Millar's curse of the Wolf girl 99p now I will have to find the 1st one Lonely Werewolf Girl,he also wrote the Good Fairies of New York a really funny book and as Martin Scott the the Thraxas series. :)

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
I'm hunting down two hardbacks of CJ Sansom (Matthew Shardlake Series). 'Dissolution' and 'Dark Fire'.

Any idea how I can get them or do I have to go to the printers and beg? Tried all my usual haunts and the charity shops and the charity stalls and the York genteel black holes that know how to read!

I'm getting fed up with the sad sighs and understanding nods and the blank 'CJ Sansom? I don't know him!' comments.

Does anyone know any speciaslised trusted websites that deal in hardbacks? Have gone off e-bay since I had an unfortunate experience with a seller.
I am prepared to pay the original price but I don't want to pay the earth!

User Menu

Newsletter