Book Bargains.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I was in an Oxfam shop yesterday and saw a rather tatty copy of The Rough Guide to Southwest USA, but at £3.50 it was more than I wanted to pay. I was telling Sharlene about it on Skype and she said that was a shame as it would be a useful book for the two of us.

Anyhow, I was in the RSPCA charity shop today and they had an unread, pristine copy of the same book for only £2. Needless to say I got it. :mrgreen:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The Works/Booksale has 'Terry Pratchett - The Spirit of Fantasy' by Craig Cabell for just £2.99. I haven't bought it myself as I've not been impressed by write-ups of it. But if you simple HAVE to have it, then £2.99 is a lot cheaper than the full price. ;)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I had a look through it Tony I would be hard pushed to pay 99 pence for it, a lot of it is copied from other sources and is not orignal to the book, as noted in the front page stating permission from Colin Smythe to use it.
So it's a big cut and paste jobbie with just some observations/comments from the author.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I recently sorted out all my books and took a stack of them to various charity shops. One thing I discovered was that my rather tatty copy of Good Omens had disappeared.

Today, while I was looking in charity shops I found a really nice and seemingly unread paperback copy of Good Omens for only 50p. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter