Worst Film Ever Watched!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jan 23, 2014
Excuse me! Plan 9 is brilliant! Its inept plot and bad camera work and terrible acting are masterpieces of the genre of B movies. Ed Wood was a twisted genius!

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
As I said, it's compelling. Brilliant it isn't, it's genius is in being so truly awful that it comes out the other side as a film you just have to see and what's more want to watch again which is more that I could say about a lot of good films. I'm a big Ed Wood fan and have several of his movies on DVD :laugh:

David Brown

Lance-Corporal
Jul 4, 2011
West Sussex
The Mad Collector said:
... the star Bela Lugosi died after filming less than 3 or 4 minutes so was replaced by an amateur actor who was a lot taller and looked nothing like him...

"A lot taller"? How tall must he have been? Bela Lugosi was 6' 1".

I still say that none of those compares with my choice. They're are so inept that they're wonderfully entertaining, albeit for all the wrong reasons. Carry on England is simply unwatchable.

Jun 11, 2024
Australia
I just watched the movie Fall on Netflix recently and it has to be the worst two-odd hours I've ever spent!! Two girls decide to climb an incredibly tall cell tower in the middle of nowhere and (surprise, surprise) get stuck.

They had water, not one but TWO cellphones, flares, paper, pens, rope, harnesses; even a DRONE, and it still took them about a week to get down!

Although the filming quality, vfx and overall execution was quite good, the plotline and resolution were severely underdeveloped. The twist at the end was one of the best parts of the movie, but (spoiling as little as possible) considering that it was an 'it-was-all-a-dream' scenario, it was a bit lackluster (and, frankly, too little too late).

If anyone else has seen it, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts :)

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
It's not one I've heard of, either.

On another note, 'Shark in Venice' starring Stephen Baldwin is one of those films to fall into the 'so bad it's good' category. About its only redeeming feature was being able to play spot the cliché and predict the next line throughout the film. :roflmao:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Um ... as for really bad films go, I could name three right off the bat:

- Any of the Sharknado films. (There were six. That's right, six. In the name of sanity, why?)

- Any of the Twilight films (do I even have to say why?)

- Any of the Fifty Shades films (ditto)

There are more on this reddit thread, but one of the reviews made me laugh:

When Time Ran Out", Paul Newman and Jacqueline Bisset, 1980. A volcano erupts on a small tropical island with a resort hotel. It has every tired old cliché imaginable (I mean, Red Buttons plays a retired circus tightrope artist. You can see where that's going).

I actually saw it in a theater. There's this one scene where Newman and Bisset are separated by a river of lava and the camera keeps switching back and forth between their faces - I finally said to my friend "I wish one of them would just fall in, I'm getting tired of watching them making googly eyes at each other". I must have said it too loud because several people around me started laughing.

Bad, bad, bad movie.
As for the worst? Well, I wouldn't call this film the worst, but at least three of the worst films I've seen are:

- The Passion of the Christ. Also known as "Let's rehash every antisemitic trope known to Catholicism, EVER." :mad:

I've heard that there's a sequel coming out soon. Apparently the provisional title is "Jesus Kicks Butt". :rolleyes:

- The Last Samurai. Of course. Because local people could never get anything done without the help of renegade American military officers. :rolleyes:

- The Patriot. Yes, Mel Gibson again. It's utter claptrap, but it's good-looking claptrap, with a stirring score. So of course it won lots of Oscars. ;)

- Braveheart. Alternative title: "Let's see how many Scots we can annoy." :rolleyes:

By the end of this thing, I was half-wishing they'd do to Mel Gibson what they did to William Wallace. I'm not kidding. I'm not Scottish, but I know the story of William Wallace, so I was somewhat annoyed but mostly bored with this overlong, POS film. "Are they done yet? Nope ..." :rolleyes:

I know, I get too worked up over this. Maybe. I just wish Hollywood (and especially Mel Gibson) would treat other people's history with maybe a tiny modicum of respect. That's not too much to ask, right? :)

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter